Our vision is of villagers throughout Raja Ampat learning English from visitors.
Of village cultures encouraging friendships with visitors and supporting learning English.
Of tourist/volunteers knowing how they can help by communicating and making friends.
Of local coordinators connecting volunteers with willing learners.
Our mission: to enable villagers in Raja Ampat to learn English from visitors
- To recruit visitors to Raja Ampat to volunteer to help villagers learn English
- To provide guest volunteers with information and training videos
- To help villagers learn the skills and attitudes they need for learning from visitors.
- To train volunteer coordinators in each tourist village
- To make more recorded lessons about Raja Ampat.
We make mistakes. We learn from our mistakes. We value our mistakes.
We know that we can learn from anyone.
We listen to one another, and we don’t judge.
We are honest, and we trust each other.
We support, inspire, respect, and help each other.